Translation and Interpretation Program Admission


If you can speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish at an advanced level, you could put your skills to work professionally with a Translation and Interpretation certificate.

To qualify for admission into the Translation and Interpretation certificate program, you need to have one of the following academic requirements:

  • Graduated from a recognized high school or secondary school with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (with a lower GPA, you may request “conditional” admission).

  • High School Equivalency Exam/State of California Proficiency Exam.

  • An equivalent in formal education.

  • Passed the GED (general education development) test.

Application Requirements

  • Completed NHU admission application

  • Official high school transcript, an official GED test score, a High School Equivalency Exam/State of California Proficiency Exam, or an equivalent in formal education.

  • Official transcript from each college attended (printed in the last five years and sealed by each school)

  • Goal statement

  • Placement examinations (English Accuplacer and translation English-Spanish and Spanish-English test)

  • Interview with the program director

  • GPA appeal letter (if your high school or secondary school GPA was below 2.0 and you are seeking “conditional” admission)

Let us help you with the application process. Contact an enrollment advisor today at 1-877-584-6648 or nhulearn@nhu.edu.


Why NHU?